What Pockets & Pages Is All About

Showing a fnished mini-album on a main blog page takes up so much room - so here's where you can see the pages of each album I make in closer detail.

Saturday 9 February 2013

Autumn Swirls

Although not my favourite album, I love the stand the mini album sits upon. It's made from 2 books and part of a shawl bought at the 99p discount store, pieces of a wire coat hanger, Tim Holtz "Autumn Gatherings" Sizzix strip die, Tim Holtz 'feet' and a whole load of ModPodge!
The swirls are made from parts of the coat hanger - poked into holes drilled into the books and then covered in florists tape, die-cut leaves and the mod-podge to make it all stiff. I also used some other flowers and bits and pieces from my stash. I draped a crocheted doily and a part of a shawl over the top, inked them up and covered them with ModPodge too. 
The bottom book opens up to reveal a little secret compartment cut into the book pages.
 The top book has also been hollowed out to make room for a drawer, with a Tim Holtz drawer knob on the front.
The front of the album itself is a Kraftstock photo frame that can hold a 6"x4" photograph.
Each page is simply a pocket that holds a tag decorated (both sides) with die-cut leaves, branches and acorns.This decoration is heavily painted with ModPodge. Each tag has a picture on the front, and are also sprayed lightly with a shimmer spray. The first pocket is made from lace, sewn onto the page.
 I'm not sure where I bought these green swirls from, but I cut them up and attached them to the very edges of the page. The tags are lightly colour-coordinated for each page.
The pocket for the next page was made with a cut-out leaf, painted with crackle glaze. The following pocket was consructed by layering vellum leaves onto thicker paper and then cutting them out.
 The 'pockets' for the following two pages were simply made using brads and ribbon.
These leafy orange swirls were bought the same time as the green swirls from previous pages.
 The last page pocket is made from a wide piece of ribbon.
The reverse of each tag is plain, and there is a pocket between each page that holds a large tag with a decorative edge.
Although I may keep the cover, sometime in the future I may re-do the inner of this mini album completely... it really depends on what my imagination can come up with :)

1 comment:

Sheridan said...

Hi Bubbles,
I've nominated you for a Liebster Award because I love your blog. You are so talented.
More details on my bloghttp://notimeforwashingup.blogspot.co.uk/